Hearts' Stories is an inquiry-based community involvement project. Our goals through Hearts' Stories are to:
1. Celebrate diversity
2. Explore careers in our local communities
3. Experience different families and cultures
4. Provide authentic integrated writing experiences

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mrs. Costner's Interview

Alec and Madison paying close attention to hear important details
to record in their notes!
Today we had our very first interview of the year.  The children interviewed me and they did a fantastic job taking notes and listening attentively.  Many of them had some very well thought out questions that I could tell they had spent time coming up with.  The children learned that I love sea turtles.  I also enjoy hiking, camping, kayaking, and sailing.  They enjoyed seeing photos of me from when I was little and when I got married to Mr. Costner.  They were even more excited to learn I was going to be having a baby in February.  We will begin our first 5 student interviews this week.  I am looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you.

Ashleigh, Kyle, and Ethan busy taking notes in their Steno pads. 
They are already great little reporters.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Costner, I love your classroom blog! You will have to show me how to have a comment box and a photo show! You've done a great job. I see you've added a wonderful counter too! You children are blessed to have you!! Love, Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete